Austin Hybrid Battery Warranty Policy
At Austin Hybrid Battery, we take great pride in the quality of our product and the satisfaction of our customers with our products and services.
• Austin Hybrid Battery warranties its product to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service.
• Warranty period lasts from the date of purchase until the expiration of the policy term, as noted on invoicing. There is no limit on mileage under this warranty policy. Warranty terms will not be restarted for ANY reason.
• Warranty is transferable, within thirty (30) days of vehicle sale, with a copy of the bill of sale for the vehicle. Only one (1) transfer is allowable per battery. A copy of the bill of sale including the new registered owner's name must be provided to Austin Hybrid Battery within a 30 day period. A nominal fee may be charged beyond the 30 days. You may not resell the battery to another party separate from the vehicle and maintain the warranty.
• If battery is found to be defective in material, workmanship, or installation by Austin Hybrid Battery during the warranty period, we will issue a replacement based on the reported diagnostic trouble codes that relate to a HV or IMA Battery failure. This would also include the same installation service as originally provided by Austin Hybrid Battery. Batteries that were shipped to customers or third party installers are not eligible for a free installation by Austin Hybrid Battery, and are not subject to reimbursement for labor charges.
• Warranty does not cover any commercial use of the product. If this product has been purchased for commercial vehicles use, please refer to the applicable Warranty coverage. This warranty excludes failures due to:
• Improper installations, except those done by Austin Hybrid Battery Technicians
• Products stored for a period of thirty (30) days or more whether in the vehicle or out
• Physical damage caused after the delivery of the battery to the customer
• Damages or defects that may have been caused by shipping, if accepted at delivery and not documented with the carrier • Removal, tampering, or damage to warranty labels
• Any modification or bypass of vehicle systems not in congruence with manufacturer specifications • Reinstallation of the HV battery into a different vehicle
• Poor vehicle maintenance
• Vehicle conditions that may cause premature failure.
• Any condition beyond the control of Austin Hybrid Battery, Inc. FAILURE TO RETURN ANY COMPLETE CORES WITHIN 45 DAYS WILL RESULT IN THE WARRANTY BEING VOIDED AND ANY CORE CHARGES COLLECTED WILL NOT BE REIMBURSED Warranty Service Requests, Austin Hybrid Battery requires that trouble codes (OBDII) must be obtained and communicated before a Warranty Service Order will be issued. Only a copy of the reports showing the retrieved codes, the vehicle's Vin#, the date, and the name of the shop or business that retrieved the codes will be accepted. All DTC's present MUST be reported. Failure to report codes can initiate additional fees as described below. Reported Diagnostic Trouble Codes will have to be verified by our technicians. If the codes reported do not match the codes retrieved, the customary Mobile or In Shop diagnostics fee will be assessed. To report a possible product failure contact our Customer Support team Toll- Free at 800-213-0954 and we will guide you through our brief warranty process. All warranties will be charged a warranty fee of $250, at given time of requested warranty service work for labor and materials. Vehicles must be dropped off at our shop for all warrantee work.
By accepting this product, you hereby waive and release any claim now or hereafter existing against Austin Hybrid Battery, its employees, officers, directors, agents and customers, on account of any and all claims, demands, suits, causes of action and all legal proceedings, whether civil or criminal, damages, losses, liabilities (including, but not limited to, strict liability in tort), obligations, penalties, judgments or fines and other sanctions, and any costs and expenses in connection therewith, including legal fees and expenses of whatever kind and nature, which may result from or arise out of injury to or death or loss or damage to property or the loss of use of any property which may result from or arise out of the possession, condition, use or operation or failure of this product. This limited warranty represents the total liability of Austin Hybrid Battery for any battery. All other warranties implied by state law applicable to the battery shall be limited to the warranty period stated on the sales receipt. Austin Hybrid Battery makes no other warranties, expressed or implied, including the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. If you have any questions please contact us. We are here to help.
If you have any questions please contact us. We are here to help.